Even amidst the completely overdone makeup and photoshop era, I still believe the majority of women love a natural beauty look that takes under five minutes to complete.
We don’t want to spend money on beauty products that don’t work, because it leaves us jaded that with the never-ending “cereal-aisle” of beauty products available, we’ll never find the needle-in-the-haystack that works for us. Right? So, we give up and keep using the too-dark eyebrow pencil with a hopeless shrug and keep applying the foundation that’s thicker than pancake batter and dirties the shoulder of your partner’s shirt that didn’t need dry cleaning just yet. We wear lip colors, if we branch out from our preferred no-fail no-color lip moisturizer, that aren’t the exact color we were looking for because let’s face it, we’re not makeup artists with a Home Depot paint-chip aisle supply of “shades of nude” lipsticks.
As a model, one beauty company I always loved to wear when having my makeup applied is Charlotte Tilbury. The product always seemed to fit the bill of the look I was going for: one that looked like me with some uumph, and felt like me, without counting down the hours before I can wipe the sludge off my face.
Wearing makeup makes me feel beautiful and confident, especially when I wear it out of self-love and not to cover up the unique features of my face. My dream this summer was to put together a complete, natural, bronzed goddess look in under 5 minutes with the least amount of beauty products possible. I wanted this look to be for women like myself with full schedules, who love the natural look but don’t want to spend thirty minutes every day creating it. I was able to accomplish this natural beauty look at my baby shower, and it took me exactly 5 minutes (curling my hair took another 5).
Here’s how I did it.
- The Retoucher ($35). Under eye concealer and treat stick. Apply a few dabs under each eye. Use ring finger to blend.
- Wonder Glow ($55). God’s gift to glowing skin and it’s my small beauty secret that garners the most compliments. Apply a penny size amount to top of hand. Use a foundation brush and blend over entire face.
- Magic Foundation($44). Finally a foundation that evens the skin tone but doesn’t cover all the cute freckles you want to shine through. Isn’t that what we love about the Megan Markle sparkle? Apply the same way as the Wonder Glow, using this Foundation Brush ($40). Focus the application on the t-zone and blend out over entire face until skin tone looks even.
- Filmstar Bronze & Glow ($68). Using the Powder and Sculpt brush ($49), suck in your cheeks and apply the darker shade lightly to the upper part of the cheek indent. Apply the bronze powder lightly along the sides of your nose, along the hairline of your forehead, and under your chin and jawline. The trick is to blend, blend, blend, until your skin looks naturally more defined and you can’t see the bronze powder so distinctly. One way to do this is to apply a light amount, blend, apply some more, blend, etc, until you achieve the definition that you want. Add the lighter glowing shade to the parts of your face you’d like to highlight. Blend.
- Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blusher ($40). Apply to cheeks and very lightly along hairline. Blend.
- Luxury Palette Color-Coded Eye Shadow ($53). The back of the shadow case tells you exactly what each color is meant for and where to apply it. Use this Eye Blender Brush ($34) to make the application and blending easier.
- Legendary Brows ($22.50). After brushing my eyebrows, I apply this gel for a bit more color definition on my brows. This keeps my brows looking groomed all day.
- Full Fat Lashes Mascara ($29). Apply only to the top lashes and blink so some of the mascara kisses the bottom lashes, giving them each the perfect definition.
- K.I.S.S.I.N.G Fallen From The Lipstick Tree ($34). Apply with a brush, or throw it on and go. I wore the matte shade in Nude Kate to my baby shower.
To find the right shades and colors for your skin tone, Charlotte Tilbury offers a free no-fail online color matching service!
If you’re on a tight budget, start with these products.
- Wonder Glow
- Filmstar Bronzer and Glow
- Cheek to Chic Blush
- Legendary Brows
- Full Fat Lashes Mascara